My Grandpa Gilbert passed away the day we got there. We got to my parents house at 2:00 a.m. Monday morning, and he passed away that afternoon before we were able to go see him. It is always hard when loved ones pass away, but I am comforted to know that he didn't suffer and he is now reunited with grandma. I am thankful for his testimony of the gospel and for his love for his family. He was a wonderful example and leaves behind quite a legacy -- 10 kids, 46 grandchildren, and 108 great-grandchildren. He will truly be missed. I am so grateful I was able to be home for the funeral and help celebrate his life with my family. All of my dad's siblings and most of my cousins were able to be there. It was so good to see everyone and catch up.
This has always been one of my favorite pictures of Grandpa. He was a handsome guy.

We were also not prepared for the winter blizzard and being snowed in for most of the trip. We did manage to make it out of the house a few times. We did a little shopping and my Mom had to take the girls to see the new Disney movie "Tangled". Super cute movie! The girls loved it and now Payton wants to grow her hair out long like Rapunzel. We also braved the bad roads to get our fill of Bob's Corner burritos and pizza pockets. Payton is addicted! She's just like her mommy, I'm so proud! I warned Devin we may come back 10 pounds heavier.
All four of my brothers live in Washington now so we got to spend lots of time with them and their families. The girls had a great time playing with cousins Reese, Grady, and baby Reggie. Piper followed Grandpa and Uncle Matt around like a little puppy dog. She called everyone "Tadpole" so now Grandpa calls her "Polliwog." As always, Grandpa spoiled them rotten with doughnuts, Oreos, and M&M's, and Grandma dressed the girls matching hot pink flamingo tutu's. The girls loved them and danced and twirled all night long.
All and all we had a great trip. We love going home to see family. I did a horrible job taking pictures this trip, but managed to get a few.
As we landed in Kansas City Payton looked at me and said she didn't feel good and started throwing up on the plane. Luckily I caught most of it in a Walmart bag I had in my purse. We got her cleaned up and got on the road only to pull over so she could throw up again on the side of the road. When we got home she was sitting on the couch the Devin and she said to him, "I think I left my shoe in the weeds." That's right, while vomiting on the side of the highway, Payton tripped in a hole, lost her shoe, and she didn't say anything about it until after we got home. I guess we will be shoe shopping this weekend. She spent the next two days sick and throwing up.
Piper and Uncle Matt
Cousin Reese, Payton, and Piper

1 comment:
looks like you guys had a blast! can you email me your address? so i can send you a christmas card:) myhedwig at gmail dot com !!! thanks!!! hope you're well!
Post a Comment