Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We had a busy week with lots of fun Halloween activities. On Tuesday, Payton got to dress up in her costume for dance class and learn a little Halloween dance. On Friday, her kindergarten class had a Halloween party and costume parade. Payton was upset after school because she said all the other moms came for the party but me. Mother Of The Year! I guess that's what happens when your oldest goes to school and you have no idea how things work. I promise I'll be more involved when my last child goes to school. Saturday night we went to our ward Halloween Carnival. The girls had a great time running around playing games and collecting treats. Neither one ate their dinner before the carnival, so we punished them by not letting them eat any of their candy. Again, Mother of the Year. Needless to say it made for a long car ride home.

We also got to spend some time with our friends Dave and Bethany, who came to stay with us for the weekend. The girls love when Dave comes to town because he gives the best horsey rides. The girls also loved showing off their costumes for them.

Our neighborhood was good to us again this year. I think we have enough candy to last us until next year. Who am I kidding, it will be gone by the end of the week! While bundling up the girls I remembered we had a nice warm giraffe costume boxed up that Payton used when she was Piper's age. So Piper got to have two costumes this year. I walked around with the girls to a few houses and then went home to pass out candy while Devin continued up the street. When I left them I dumped the girls candy into a bag and took it home so their buckets would get to heavy. Piper was not happy about this, and kept telling Devin, "Mommy take my treats!" When her bucket started getting heavy, Devin tried to carry it for her but she was not going to risk losing her candy again. We tried to get Piper to say "Trick-or-Treat," but she decided it would work just as well to say "I want treat."

Ward Carnival




We did a practice run to make sure Piper knew what to do.

Payton and Devin had big plans for the pumpkins this year. The idea was to have the big pumpkin throwing up guts on the little pumpkin. We carved our pumpkins a few days to early so they rotted and were pretty sad looking. Payton was still happy with the final product and that's all the matters.

3 comments:

Brittney Sloan Anderson said...

Melissa your girls are sooo cute.

Adrienne said...

I am still laughing. Like snorting over my computer. "Mommy take treat"! and mother of the year. Um, I made Derek come to that death march/somber costume "parade" and he just kinda stared at me through the whole thing like, "I left work for this?!" so trust me. It was okay if you "missed" it. Gabbie still gets worried that I will eat her food if she leaves to go to the bathroom, or something. Weirdo kid. Where would she get an idea like that?! Oh wait...
Great post! Love your kids!

luke & sammy said...

i love the halloween costumes- i am glad you pulled out the giraffe costume it brought back memories- do you remember Jack and Payton were both giraffes that year? I can't believe Piper is the same age as Payton was when we became friends!