The Kansas heat is killing us! Our air conditioner broke a few weeks ago so now we really appreciate our nice cool home. We are also grateful for Devin's parents who let us crash at their place overnight.
I have been trying to find things to do inside to keep the girls entertained. We can't wait for Fall! We spend a lot of time in the basement playing and having indoor picnic lunches. We are weekly visitors of the local library, and blanket tents are a real lifesaver.
We do have a nice neighborhood pool, but I have been too scared to take both the girls by myself -- I know I'm a horrible mother. I decided for my own sanity to just buy them a little pool to use in the backyard. They loved it! Payton likes to stay in the pool until she turns "pruny." Piper just likes to climb in and out of the pool and drink the water. Monday night, we did finally venture out to the neighborhood pool while Devin was home to help. Payton had a great time floating on her tube, but she is still too scared to put her face under the water. We had to hold onto Piper the entire time or she would fearlessly plunge into the deep end by herself.
I have been trying to find things to do inside to keep the girls entertained. We can't wait for Fall! We spend a lot of time in the basement playing and having indoor picnic lunches. We are weekly visitors of the local library, and blanket tents are a real lifesaver.
We do have a nice neighborhood pool, but I have been too scared to take both the girls by myself -- I know I'm a horrible mother. I decided for my own sanity to just buy them a little pool to use in the backyard. They loved it! Payton likes to stay in the pool until she turns "pruny." Piper just likes to climb in and out of the pool and drink the water. Monday night, we did finally venture out to the neighborhood pool while Devin was home to help. Payton had a great time floating on her tube, but she is still too scared to put her face under the water. We had to hold onto Piper the entire time or she would fearlessly plunge into the deep end by herself.

Piper being creative and entertaining herself.
Piper also spends some quality time in time-out on the stairs. I'm not sure she's getting anything out of it but we try. She is getting really good at saying sorry.
Last week we took the girls to Theater in the Park to see "Cinderella". Luckily we had a storm the night before that cooled the weather down a little. Payton was in heaven! Piper enjoyed bothering everyone around us so Devin and I took turned walking her around.
1 comment:
We have been doing the same thing. The weather in Utah this last weekend was Heaven!
Post a Comment