Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Payton's first day of kindergarten. No more running off to Washington whenever we want, or eating lunch in our pajamas. The school system now rules our lives. This new event makes Devin and I both feel very old. When did our pudgy baby girl turn into a little girl? Payton and I had a lot of fun shopping and getting her ready for school. She is obsessed with dresses right now and that's all she wanted to buy, so we will be investing in some nice thick tights when the weather gets cold.
We started the day off with a special french toast breakfast courtesy of Devin. We got her all dolled up, took a few pictures, and then Piper and I took her to school. Payton could not have been more excited. I had a bit of a hard time leaving her there, I wanted to just sit in the corner and watch her. I asked her if I could stay with her and she said "No," but told me I could wait in the parking lot if I wanted to. I got a little teary-eyed leaving but I pulled it together and thought I was doing pretty good until I pulled up to the school to pick her up. I saw her standing there looking so little and I lost it. From what I saw she may be the shortest one in her class.
She had a wonderful day, she said "this was the best day ever." She is really excited about the class pet "Max", who is a baby hamster.
As hard as it was for me to let her go I love seeing her so excited. Hopefully that excitement will last for a few years.


That's an old man.



Payton's teacher

Reunited!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Okay, so I wrote you an email, because today as I went to pick Nat up, I thought, "Holy cow, that's Payton Ross!!" and then thought no way could it be, but then when she was staring and smiling at me, I waved really enthusiastically, and then thought, really? How did I not know a) Payton was starting kindy this year with Nat b) in the morning and c) at the same school. (Okay, and then I thought, am I waving at some strange girl and her mom is going to call the cops?)I am the BEST friend EVER!!!

Charee said...

So cute!!!

Unknown said...

How cute! I'm glad she is excited! And I love the reunion photo!! I bet Piper misses Payton when she is gone!