Payton's favorite game to play in the car is "knock knock jokes." We aren't sure where she came up with it, but as a car game it basically involves her combining random things she sees out the window. Example: Knock knock. Who's there? Tree. Tree who? Tree fence. It makes no sense, but someone convinced her its really funny. Yesterday Piper fell asleep in the car so Devin, Payton and Piper stayed in the car while Melissa ran into the grocery store to get a few things. So of course Payton decided it was time to play "knock knock jokes." Here's how it went...Payton: Daddy its your turn.
Devin: Ok. Knock knock.
Payton: Who's there?
Devin: Orange.
Payton: Orange who?
Devin: Orange you glad I didn't say Banana?
Payton: (Laughing) That's so funny!
Payton: My turn. Knock knock.
Devin: Who's there?
Payton: Shopping cart.
Devin: Shopping cart who?
Payton: Shopping cart you glad I didn't say Stop sign?
That's our Payton.
2 comments:
Oh yes, the nonsensical knock-knock jokes. :) Elise would always say the same one (also stemming from the banana orange one) but would say "banana", then "banana eat". It may be redundant and might take quite a bit of humoring - but I'd take knock-knock jokes over begging and whining any day. :)
That's so precious! Chris and I were totally laughing. She's good at jokes it turns out! miss you guys!
Post a Comment