Thursday, February 5, 2009

facebook.com



A few months ago we joined the wonderful world of Facebook.com. For those of you who are not on facebook yet, consider yourselves officially invited (I mean come on, even Devin's mom is on facebook). It allows you to reconnect with old friends or coworkers and keep in touch with family. You can choose to be an active facebook participant like Devin and post comments and photos regularly, or you can just quietly "watch" people like Melissa. This week Devin and Melissa were "tagged" by the "25 Random Things" wave that has been sweeping the facebook world. Below are our random things. Enjoy.

Melissa's 25 Random Things...

1. I love to read.
2. Clutter and messes freak me out.
3. I hate living so far away from my family.
4. I started taking dance classes when I was 4, I've done tap, jazz, ballet, and clogging.
5. I love the sound of my girls laughing.
6. I don't sleep well at night, I like to blame it on my kids and but it's really because I'm organizing or redecorating my house or making lists in my head.
7. I wish I chould shake it like Beyonce, it's harder then it looks!
8. I hate the word "fart". My three year old calls them "bubbles".
9. When I laugh really hard I snort, unfortunately I have passed this on to both of my girls.
10. I hate to iron. I have been known to iron my clothes while I'm wearing them if they really need to be ironed.
11. I hate public speaking. I break out in hives.
12. I Love Michael Bolton. I love his songs and I think he's a sexy old man.
13. I write with my left hand and do everything else with my right hand.
14. I love all the new technology but hate when people text eachother when they're sitting in the same room.
15. I was raised on a farm. I was in 4H and took a pig to the county fair every year, weeded beans, bottle feet baby cows, and have driven a small tractor.
16. When I'm pregnant I crave beef and bean burritos from Bob's Corner (a gas station in Othello, WA).
17. I refuse to let my kids wear clothes with cartoon characters on them (pajamas are fine).
18. I have a secret candy stash hidden in my kitchen aid (Why not it doesn't get used for anything else?).
19. Someday I want to be a contestant on "The Price is Right".
20. I love that my husband always knows what I'm going to say before I say it.
21. I love making bets with my husband (like who sings this song, etc.). I am always positive that I'm right and yet I never win.
22. I can't live without TLC. 17 Kids and Counting and Jon and Kate Plus 8 are my favorite.
23. I miss the Utah mountains and Cafe Rio.
24. I like to cook but I won't touch raw meat.
25. I buy cookie dough from the store, why mess with perfection.

Devin's 25 Random Things...

1. I worry about everything, all the time, from whether my babies will be born with all their limbs to the wording of emails I write.
2. After spending the first four months of my marriage fighting with my wife over the radio station in the car, I gave in, converted to country, and never looked back.
3. I lament that every election I have to choose either a candidate that wants to use our tax dollars to bomb innocent Muslims or one who wants to use tax dollars to kill babies. Such a waste.
4. I regularly use the argument that we are contributing to the traffic problem to convince my wife we don't need to have any more kids.
5. I was the Olathe South High School Homecoming King... weird.
6. I have a real problem with phonebooks. I don't want them, I don't use them, and I'd prefer trees not be destroyed to make them. If I were a legislator I would pass a law that people have to request one if they want one.
7. I used to consider myself a decent singer/songwriter.
8. I wake up at 5:15 every morning to teach a course on the New Testament to teenagers.
9. After living in Peru for two years I broke down crying the first time I opened my parent's fridge. I vowed then I would never again take wealth for granted. Sadly I'm back to being a rich spoiled American.
10. I have always had good friends, but I haven't always been a good friend.
11. I wish more people cared that Christ visited the predecessors of the Mayans and Incas, and the consequences of knowing that fact. www.mormon.org
12. I take fantasy baseball serious. As a result I have developed "man crushes" on Matt Holiday and Ryan Braun.
13. The Royals can lose 100 games in a season and I would still love them, but when the Chiefs don't make the playoffs I demand someone lose their job.
14. I don't drink, and if I did, I wouldn't drink gin.
15. I am one of the lucky few who can say they married their best friend. Where would I be without her?!?!
16. I REALLY like my in-laws.
17. In high school I played soccer for the legendary Bubba Chumps. I wore wrestling shoes because I thought they gave me more ball control. Despite winning two championships, I never scored a goal.
18. My daughters are my world. I'd do anything for them and fear what it will be like to have teenage daughters!
19. I'm akwardly shy and quiet when I first meet people. This is usually misread as me being stuck-up.
20. I have nicknames for everyone. I don't mean anything by it, they just come to me.
21. I am sick of hearing about how great Five Guys burgers are. They're not as good as Culver's, Red Robin, Free State Brewery, Le Blanc, or freaking McDonalds as far as I'm concerned.
22. I don't watch scripted television. I'd prefer, Flavor Flav, Dog the Bounty Hunter, 17 Kids and Counting, Intervention, Biggest Loser, Cops, Principal's Office, Cheaters, John and Kate Plus 8, What Not to Wear, American Idol, Celebrity Fit Club, or any and all sports.
23. I am terrible at all video games, except Mike Tyson's Punchout.
24. I like my milk with ice in it, and cheese with donuts.
25. I am jealous at how close my wife is with her siblings.

3 comments:

JenW said...

i'm not on facebook but kendall is...i guess he's our representative family member:) cool to read your 25 things....wish you guys were closer, it would be fun to hang out or at least be able to hang out with melissa and the kids when the boys are married to bar studying....

Amber said...

So I guess I am stalking you from the Serafine's blog. Just curious about how you are doing, lets just call it bad vt from 2 years ago. Looks like you guys are doing great, hope all continues to go well.

Dean and Jenni said...

Man I miss being close to the Ross Family! Dev, you were a beatiful King, and I still love to listen to your CD! I love hearing from Tal about the girls and wish we were closer so Payton and Olivia could play! Two peas in a pod, although sorry Mel Olivia would just say "Who Farted?" lol Love you guys!