We have some big changes planned for our family this year. Some of these changes are goals having to do with Piper. She may not know it yet but the next couple of months are going to be big for her -- starting with potty training. I'm not sure she is ready for it yet but we are going to give it a try. She still uses her binky for sleeping so we will be taking that away soon. And next, the new bunk beds for the girls will be delivered next week so Piper will soon be introduced to a big girl bed. The biggest change for poor little Piper will be welcoming a new baby sister in May. We've tried to explain to her that we are getting a new baby, and even took her with us to the ultrasound, but she doesn't really understand. We will be busy the next couple of months trying to get her ready. Wish us luck...
Payton was thrilled with the news of a new baby. She has always said she doesn't want brothers, only sisters, unless we had twins and then one could be a boy. Devin tried to convince her a brother would be better and, because she's always on Daddy's side,she tried to get on board. But when the doctor announced it was a girl, Payton said, "Yes that's what I really wanted." She is trying to piece things together and has asked how the baby got in mommy's tummy. We are sticking to the answer that "Heavenly Father put the baby there" and when questioned further we just say, "It's magic."
Devin is coping with the news. He was sure it was a boy this time. He was okay with buying girly bunk beds so I think he has excepted his future.
I am just glad it's been an easy pregnancy so far. Besides a sensitive nose and feeling tired, I haven't been sick. And it's already half over. I am 20 weeks along and the baby is due around May 20th.
6 years ago
10 comments:
You've got your work cut out for you! Good luck with all the changes and with Potty Training Piper! Reese isn't close so there is no way I'm even trying right now! :)
Congrats! and good luck with all the coming attractions.
Such exciting news on all fronts! Congratulations!
Congrats! We are excited for you guys. Devin and Kurtis can wallow in suffering together! Ha Ha!!
Congrats! I wanted another girl too, but we are having a boy. I am still getting used to the idea. Anyway, hooray for all changes. Good luck with all of them.
Congratulations! Your girls are just too cute to not add another one. Glad you've been feeling well and hope it continues!
congratulations! three is tons of fun...we waited until after blake was born to potty train avery and i think it worked out better for her...so individual to each child! i just didn't want to have to clean up a lot of mess and have a new baby...or i was lazy;)
I am so glad that with 2 olders, the pregnosity hasn't been as bad!! And the "magic" comment cracked me up.
Yeah how fun another baby. Congrats.
Congrats Melissa! Good luck with all the "changes". :)
Post a Comment