Once you have children they pretty much become your main source of entertainment. We quickly discovered after Payton began to talk that she inherited her fathers quick wit and humor, which has kept us very entertained with funny stories, quotes, and lots of questions. I've decided that I need to start writing some of these things down so we don't forget them. So here are some of our favorites:
- When Payton was two, we went to visit my brother and his family in St Louis. They live in a nice trailer but the trailer park they live in is a little shady looking. When we pulled into their trailer park Payton looked out her window and said, "This is not a good idea to do today."
- One night this summer we went out to dinner and I took Payton to use the restroom before we left. On the way home she keep saying she need to go to the bathroom and Devin and I just kept telling her she'd be fine until we got home. We stopped at a store and I ran in while Devin stayed in the car with the girls. As they were waiting, Payton said to Devin, "I wish I was wearing a diaper right now." When we finally got home and she went into the bathroom and had a little case of diarrhea. Boy did we feel like the worst parents ever.
- One day Payton and Devin were coming down the stairs and he ran into her and knocked her down and she feel down the last stair. About six months later I was coming down the stairs with Payton and she said, "Remember when daddy kicked me down the stairs? But don't worry I still like him."
- "Am I always going to be a girl?"
- "How do we get babies in our tummies? Do we eat them?"
- Back in March my Grandma Gilbert passed away. The girls and I were able to go home for the funeral. This was Payton's first experience with a funeral and death which has lead to a lot of occurred questions. The night before the funeral we had a big dinner where we saw lots of family that we hadn't seen for a few years and of course everyone mentioned how cute the girls were. The next morning at the viewing my dad was standing up by the coffin with several of his siblings. Payton turns to me and says:
Payton: "Should I go stand by Grandpa."
Mom: "No, why would you want to do that."
Payton: "So everyone can say how cute I am."
- A few weeks ago Payton was doing something naughty and I said, "Payton do you need a spanking?" Payton replied, "You know Jesus and Santa can see you when you spank me?" I think she thought that would save her, and it did.
6 years ago
3 comments:
thanks for the laughs. My favorite is the one where Devin kicked Payton down the stairs...oh and eating babies.
So funny!! I can't stop laughing at that girl!
Oh my goodness Mel! Payton sounds so funny.....I was almost ready to cry by the time I got through all the quotes! Are you coming to WA for the holidays? Lets try to get together if you are! Let me know!
Katie
carsonjmd@aol.com
Post a Comment