Sunday was Payton's first day in her Sunbeam class at Church. We have been looking forward to this for a few months now because she has had a really hard time adjusting to her new nursery since we changed wards in November. We tried to explain to her what primary was and how she gets to sit with the big kids and sing songs for a while and then she gets to go to a big girl class like mommy and daddy. She seemed pretty excited until I took her in the primary room and then she just looked scared to death. I am a primary teacher now so I was in the same room for singing time and she kept waving at me across the room. After a few minutes she seemed to relax until a little girl with downs syndrome that was sitting next to her pulled her hair. She was tough until the little girl pulled her hair again, this time getting a nice big hand full and pulling especially hard. Payton ran and jumped on my lap but once again she was tough and didn't cry (I think she was too embarrassed to cry but her heart was broken), after giving her hugs and trying to explain that it was a accident and that the little girl doesn't understand, she went back and sat with her class. She enjoyed singing the songs and by the end of singing time she was enjoying herself so much she volunteered to say the closing pray. So I'm sitting in the room thinking "this is fine they will help her and tell her what to say" but no, Payton told them she could say it on her own. And this was her pray, "Heavenly Father, we're thankful daddy could go to work. Thank you for the bishop and prophet. Name of Jesus Christ amen". We really have been trying to teach her to say more meaningful prayers but that's a work in progress. Got to love 3 year olds!

Monday I took Piper to the doctor for her 6 month check-up. I can't believe she is six months old already. I love this age! She has started to sit up but isn't super stable and she gets excited and falls right over, (lets be honest she has a big head and it's hard to hold up). She still refuses to eat baby food or cereal. But according to the doctor some babies never do, they just drink formula until there ready for table food. The doctor wasn't too concerned because it's pretty obvious she's getting enough to eat. So that takes the pressure off a little. I was excited for this doctor's appointment because I wanted to compare the girls to see how close they are in size and I don't have any record for Payton until she was six months old. Devin and I both thought Piper was going to be bigger but we must have forgotten how big Payton really was.
Piper at 6 months is
weight 16lbs 13 oz 67%
height 25.5 inches
Payton at 6 months was
weight 18lbs 1 oz 79%
height 27inches
What can I say, we make them short, fluffy, and bald. But who doesn't love those rolls and thighs! Here are some pictures to compare. The top row is Piper and bottom row is Payton.
3 comments:
Poor Payton with Primary! This past Sunday was Ava's first time and she was really sad and wanted to go to Primary. She cried and cried and looked scared. I ended up sitting with her almost the whole time and even had to go to class with her so she'd go. Primary is a huge adjustment! I think we forget or don't realize it until we see it happen to our kid. That's cute about Payton's prayer. The fact that she did it all on her own is great. Who cares what she says, right?
Hello there, this is Devin's cousin, Mallory out in Utah and I just found your blog! You guys look so great and I can't believe he is almost done with law school. Your. girls. are. so. cute.! Piper has gotten big so fast! I hope all is well with you, now I can check up and see how you are doing!
Short, fluffy and bald, LOL Mel! I gotta say - I think that's just how Grandma Likes her girls! Taleen just can't say enough about all those grandbabies!
Post a Comment